Why Las Vegas?
10 Reasons to Meet in Las Vegas
- With more than 150,000 rooms, Las Vegas offers the best value proposition in the world.
- Las Vegas boasts the best convention experience in the world. With more than 233,000 tourism employees, resorts have more than 22,000 meeting conventions and incentive programs annually.
- The attractiveness of Las Vegas generates strong attendance of meetings. Attendance increases 8 percent when conventions rotate into Las Vegas. Research has also shown that attendees spend more time in meetings and the trade show floor when programs are held in Las Vegas.
- There is plenty of room to grow. Las Vegas is home to more than 11 million square feet of exhibitor and meeting space. It is also home to 3 of the largest convention venues.
- With more than 900 inbound and outbound flights per day and nonstop service from more than 130 U.S. and international cities, Las Vegas is efficient and cost effect.
- McCarran International Airport is only 2 miles from the Las Vegas Blvd. More than 150,000 hotels are accessible within a 15 minute drive.
- Las Vegas has year-round appeal. Las Vegas averages 320 days of sunshine per year and less than five inches of precipitation annually. This warm and dry climate is attractive for group events throughout the year.
- In many cases you don’t need to leave your resort. Should you want to, there is a myriad of transportation options. There are buses, taxes, shuttles, and the country’s first automated monorail.
- There is a huge variety of dining options. Whether you are looking for buffets or fine dining you will not be disappointed. Enjoy cuisine from the restaurants of Gordon Ramsey, Wolfgang Puck, Giada De Laurentiis, Emeril Lagasse, Scott Conant, Mario Batali, Bobby Flay, Cake Boss’ Buddy V, Tom Colicchio, and Guy Fieri.
- Las Vegas remains the King of Conventions. For 21 consecutive years, Las Vegas remains North America’s Top Convention Destination.
Convention attendees sneak away from conventions
Attendees spend more time on the show floor. Attendees average 11 hours vs. 8.4 hours in other cities.
Las Vegas conventions do not attract “serious” attendees.
Many Las Vegas attendees have the final say for major purchasing decisions. 44% attendees are empowered to make major purchasing decisions for some of the largest companies in the world.
Source: The Top 10 Reasons to Meet in Vegas. (n.d.). Retrieved March 30, 2016, from http://www.vegasmeansbusiness.com/why-choose-vegas/10-reasons-to-hold-your-events-in-vegas/